Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Look Who's Talking"


Mollie: So you're the one who was kicking me.
Mikey: Well, you're the one who ate all that spicy food.

Being the spicy food eater that I am and always have been, I can't imagine that Everleigh is totally satisfied with all of the salsa, jalapeƱos, chili sauces, etc that I shovel down when I get the notion.  But, she never seems to mind that much.  I can only imagine what she is thinking sometimes.  If babies in the womb could remember what they heard, I think a lot of mommies (and daddies) would be in trouble.  For instance, when Kendall and I are walking through a store and he insists on singing EVERY song that comes to mind in a not-so-quiet voice right near my ear, and I give him a hearty "Can you please just shut up?!?"....yeah, it's not very nice of me, but come on!!  Or when I sing old school rap songs at the top of my lungs in the car...I bet she doesn't care to hear my rendition of Ludacris-"What's Your Fantasy."  I definitely do not want her to remind me of my finest moments of pregnancy one day.  

Speaking of "talking"...I am sure that fellow preggos out there can totally empathize with me when I say that some comments, words of advice, and "stories" are better left untold.  I love hearing compliments about how I look, but telling me that I am going to be "humongous?" Gee, thanks, you shouldn't have! Literally.  And beginning conversations with the line, "Hey, did you hear about that lady who died while getting an epidural?"  Everleigh almost learned a new word that day.  

I am a firm believer that every person, woman, and pregnancy is totally different.  Every mommy is different as well.  The kind of parent that I want to be and the decisions that I make are all mine.  Telling me "how it's gonna be" when I am a parent does not scare me in the least.  This is my first time, but I'm a fast learner.  I don't know a lot about parenting, and it will be hard.  But, I have a LOT of experience with children.  I know that Everleigh is an individual.  Whether she wants a paci or "lovey", sleeps all night, cries about everything and nothing at the same time, or poops golden eggs, she is loved, cherished, awesome, and mine!  It doesn't get any easier than that! :)

I have come home on many occasions on a major grump-fest telling Kendall about things people have said that just made me feel fat, ugly, and stupid.  His way of calming me down one day was to show me a website of awesome t-shirts about pregnancy that he found.  He said, "Just buy these and wear them."






Funny stuff, right? And in regards to the one above, I really don't mind people touching my belly at all!  I just put it because I pictured myself grabbing someone's boob and it made me laugh.  In all seriousness, the best thing to tell a pregnant chick is to just do what she feels is right, pray like crazy, and everything will just fall into place.  
That, my friends, is something to talk about :)


No comments:

Post a Comment