Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Everleigh Claire Greer

On April 7th, we went in for the official "Is it a he or a she?" ultrasound.  I had anticipated this visit for what seemed like years and could not hold back the excitement of finding out if we were having a son or daughter.  While taking bets from coworkers about the gender, I was as convinced as they were that we were having a boy.  The morning of the appointment, I decided to drink a very small cup of coffee to make sure that he/she would be awake and not have his/her legs closed.  I found this strategy to not be nearly as beneficial as I expected it to be.  The little one squirmed, kicked, rolled, and just would not be still AT ALL. And of course the modest child decided to put its little hand between its legs.  I had to lay on my side and the technician had to jiggle my belly a few times before finally making the announcement...
"Are you ready?  She's a beautiful baby girl!"
I did it, yes, I screamed a little.  But so did my mom.  We were secretly hoping for a sweet girl, even though a boy would have been spectacular as well.  Kendall was happy, too!  So we were finally able to put a name with a fetus...Miss Everleigh Claire Greer.  For those wondering, the name Everleigh comes from a combination of wonderful ladies in my life--my Mom, Memaw, and Nana.  It was a name that we picked out before we even got married. Claire is just cute--simple and southern.  We spent the rest of the day shopping for girly stuff...best day ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment