Total Pageviews

Monday, May 23, 2011

"Knocked Up"

I'll start off my super special pregnancy blog adventures by saying that I feel the above phrase to be offensive in my situation.  I am in no way so inappropriately termed "knocked up."  I like to think of myself as "expecting" or "with child"- something tender like that :)  However, bringing my own personal style to each entry is important to me.  Since the hubby, Kendall, and I are huge movie buffs, I have decided to title each blogging experience by using a movie title.  It just makes me happy.  And you have to admit that "Knocked Up" is a great and hilarious movie.  
So here's the story of how we found out:  All I knew was that I was "late."  I didn't feel anything strange except the urge to vomit when I saw alcohol related commercials.  I decided that this combination was a little strange and that we should take a test.  I was very nonchalant about the whole thing, never expecting to see this:

...and yes, there are two of them.  I was convinced that a false positive was a normal possibility, only to be laughed at on the other end of the phone by my friend, Jenna.  But two positives? Wow!  I was surprised/stunned/excited/all of the above!  Most of all, I was HAPPY!  I had always wanted a baby, but had a different plan.  God doesn't care about our plans and he sent an angel that immediately changed my life.  All this went down on December 19th, 2010, a day that I will remember forever...and a day!  Of course, I still wondered if it was too good to be true, so I took two more tests the following week to be sure.  As I suspected, they were also positive.  This made my finding out around 5 weeks along.  Now, to make the announcement...

No comments:

Post a Comment