Total Pageviews

Monday, May 23, 2011

"9 1/2 Weeks"


My first appointment with Dr. Hearn was January 13th.  I had been waiting for the day sooo impatiently and I was so nervous sitting in the waiting room with Kendall and my mom.  When we got into a room, the ultrasound equipment was ready and my heart was beating almost through my chest.  All I needed to see was a little peanut and I would be okay.  Sure enough...
It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.  I stared at the screen in awe of this tiny little being that was growing inside of me.  I was overcome with emotion and relief that it was all actually real.  Hearing the heartbeat for the first time was also one of the most memorable experiences of my entire life.  I have never heard a more amazing sound.  It was at that moment that I actually believed in "love at first sight."

The 9 1/2 Weeks part?  Well, when I went to the doctor he said I was 9 weeks and 1 day.  But the significant part was that around 9 1/2 weeks, I felt no more nausea or morning sickness.  I never actually got sick, just felt queasy and uncomfortable.  Bottom line, four weeks of feeling like I may have to throw up but never actually doing it? I'll take it!

Also, a profile belly view at 9 1/2 weeks...




No comments:

Post a Comment