Total Pageviews

Monday, May 23, 2011

"Baby On Board"


Announcing that Kendall and I had a "baby on board" was something that took a lot of thought.  I knew that the fact that we were married would make it much easier to tell my family, so I found comfort in that.  However, we had only been married three months and I did not know what to expect.  I assumed that I would get a lot of "Couldn't y'all have waited? or "So soon?" type comments, so when I called my mom the next day, I braced myself for...well, anything.  I didn't make small talk.  I just went right into
 "So mom, are you sitting down?"
Mom: Yes.
Me: ...."I'm pregnant."
Mom: "What? Oh I'm going to cry.  Have you been to the doctor?"
Me: No. I don't think I'm very far along at all.
Mom:  "Well, let me go.  I'll call you back later."
Me: "I'm sorry if you are mad..." (I didn't know why she was letting me go so suddenly!)
A brief intermission ensued, just long enough to make me think that I had somehow, some way disappointed my mom.  Yet, I could not think of one reason why!  My phone rings...
Mom: "AAAAAHHHHH!!!  I'm so excited!!! I'm sorry I let you go, I just had to go into another room so I could scream!"
Me: "Hahaha! So you're not mad?"
Mom:  "NO!! I'm jumping on my bed!!"
Long convo short, everything was fine and no one was mad.  The good news came just in time for Christmas, something that my family really needed to hear at the time.  I had always heard that it takes one life ending for another to begin, and I knew that my Nana must have something to do with it :)  Thank you, Nana!
I left the rest of the announcing to my family in the hands of my mom.  She was so tickled about the whole thing, that I just had to let her tell everyone.  To tell Kendall's family, we waited until Christmas get-togethers. At his dad's and grandma's, we filled out Christmas cards saying Merry Christmas!  Love, Kendall, Julie and Baby Greer.  Seeing the facial expressions as everyone read the cards was priceless.  It was quite emotional, and I think we did a great job surprising everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment