Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"The Story of Us"


No, we have not been married for 15 years.  We do not have teen-aged children.  I am not Michelle Pfeiffer and Kendall is not Bruce Willis (dang it ;).  But, we have a story.

Kendall and I met in November 2005 through totally random circumstances between mutual friends.  I did not know anything about him, except that he drove a mustang and had some really pretty blue eyes :)  So, a couple of days later when his best friend called me to see if I wanted to join him and his girlfriend (my now sister-in-law) and Kendall for a double date, I simply expected...well, nothing.  I was wrong.  We went to the movies and had idle conversation on the drive there and back.  The only question I remember him asking was, "Are you stuck up?"  When I replied, "Umm no I don't think so.  Why would you ask that?" He said, "It's the way you dress."  
Oh dear me, Kendall.  Little did you know that you would be a "prep" like me in no time :)

We went on another date and decided that we just needed to be together.  So, the date was November 25, 2005 when a 19 year old stuck up girl and 21 year old guy with crazy questions began their story.

Us through the years....
He's wearing Hollister might I add...














Our story is nothing but original and unique to who we are.  It is full of laughter, tears, anger, confusion, and craziness....but it is also full of love.  People would probably look at our relationship over the years and, to be honest, strive NOT to be like us.  We've heard it all--but above all of the 'you'll never make it's and 'you just need to go your separate ways' we just heard 'Don't give up. You're in this for a reason.'  On December 20, 2009, after four years of dating, Kendall proposed.  We planned a wedding for October 9, 2010 at a great venue with a beautiful mountain view.  In July 2010, my Nana who had suffered for over 20 years with lupus, became very sick.  I wanted her to see me get married but I knew she wouldn't make it to the mountains.  We cancelled with the venue and decided to push up the date and have a super small wedding in her backyard on September 18th.  She passed away on July 31, 2010.  Getting married in the place where she last was made me feel like she was there.  I know she wanted to be.  





There are tons of details in our story, all that have shaped who we are as a couple.  The main idea?  There is nothing I would trade for the last five years, seven months, and ten days that I have had with Kendall Greer.  So much has changed over time, including who we are as individuals.  I am so proud of the person that Kendall has become and even more proud to say that he is mine.  

I think it is safe to say that Kendall and I have been through some tough times, and I have often wondered if there was going to be a light at the end of the tunnel.  Well, here she is...


Everleigh is our light, love, and in my opinion-our life saver.  God knows what we need exactly when we need it and he gave it to us through her.  I thank God every day for this blessing and the way that she has already changed our lives.

I'm 34 weeks now and am anxiously awaiting her arrival!  I must say...she is the BEST chapter of our story :)




1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a sweet story! I can't believe 34 weeks already... wow! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete