Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"The Haunting"


Now that we knew we were having a precious little girl to call our very own, it was finally time to start on the nursery.  We moved into our new house in January after months and months of searching for the perfect place.  I signed the contract in October and it seemed like it took FOREVER for us to close.  Little did we know when we decided on our house that we would be making room for a baby...immediately.  We designated a room that would be Baby's when we started moving in.  The other room was the office, which was pretty set up.  I am quite the lazy un-packer so boxes took up space for quite some time.  One day, I went into the baby's room to clean up so I could start getting an idea of what I wanted to do with the nursery. As I spent time in the room and really "took it all in" I realized that I felt a little unsettled.  Although the room was spacious and a tad bigger than the office, it wasn't as bright or welcoming as I thought a nursery should be.  
Back track to the months of house hunting:  We started looking at houses at the end of April 2010.  Since we had already set a projected date for our wedding, we wanted to have a house lined up for around that time- October at least.  We looked and looked, then we looked some more.  I chose houses, and Kendall chose houses.  I had a routine every time we went to look at a house.  I would go in, sit on the floor, and picture myself living there.  If it seemed promising, I would say I needed to sleep on it.  If I didn't like a house...well...it was haunted.  I'm not sure how many times I actually said, "Yeah, I don't like this place.  It's haunted," but I know Kendall got tired of hearing it.  And why wouldn't he?  I basically said that about every house HE picked!  Not intentionally...he just likes older houses and those tend to freak me out.  Needless to say, we finally found a house that was "ghost-free."  Until....

As I kept cleaning out the room, I just decided to myself that it wasn't good enough for my Everleigh.  So, I decided that it was haunted.  And who wants their baby living in a haunted room?  No one.  I knew that getting Kendall to agree to switch rooms and move all of his stuff would be a hard sale but I was going for it.   Just as I suspected, he said no before I could even argue my case.
"Oh, come on Kendall, there's not THAT much stuff to be moved!  I'll do it!"
"No, you better not lift anything!"
"Can we pleeeease just switch rooms??? That other room is haunted! I'm pretty sure there is a ghost living in the closet."

After stomping around and whining like a kid in a toy store who was just denied a...toy, he finally gave in.  I was satisfied. Hopefully Everleigh will be, too!

A Sneak Peek of Nursery-ness










  

No comments:

Post a Comment